Gnome menus in Xfce4.2?

Andrew Conkling andrewski at fr.st
Sat Feb 5 01:30:43 CET 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 16:47 +0100, Jan Bakuwel wrote:
> There's one little difficulty that I hope one of you can help me with.
> Crossover Office adds menu entries automagically to the Gnome menu,
> however the Gnome menu is not accessible from Xfce4.
>
> I've been looking on the Internet but haven't found any useful
> information.  Your help is much appreciated.

Jan,
Assuming Crossover creates .desktop files for the menu, you could move
them to your applications menu (mine's /usr/share/applications but it
varies) and Xfce should pick them up.  If it doesn't create them, you
could make them, using other entries as examples; they're not
complicated.

Just another idea, instead of running gnome-panel (I'm a bit partial to
Xfce's, myself. :)

Cheers,
Andrew