Gnome menus in Xfce4.2?

Jan Bakuwel jan.bakuwel at int.greenpeace.org
Wed Feb 9 17:47:36 CET 2005

Hi Joel,

Thanks for your email.

> You can run gnome-panel under XFCE4 and then you'll have the Gnome menu.
>    Just save the session and it will start each time you log in.  If
> you're running the xftaskbar, you'll probably want to kill it and use
> the Gnome panel in its place.

I'm trying to avoid using Gnome... as it's quite a load for discless
workstations (hence the choice for Xfce4).

Thanks for the suggestion though... if all else fails.

cheers,
Jan

--

"It is an illusion to think that we are free to apply our increasing
knowledge in any way we choose. In reality we are struggling to deal

Information, Communication, Technology
Greenpeace International
Ottho Heldringstraat 5
1066 AZ  AMSTERDAM
Netherlands (MET)

direct    +31 (0)20 7182084
fax       +31 (0)20 5148151
reception +31 (0)20 5148150
email     jan.bakuwel&int.greenpeace.org
private   jan.bakuwel&hccnet.nl
(replace & by @ in the emailaddress)