xfce4-terminal: set --disable-server in terminalrc

Yves-Alexis Perez corsac at corsac.net
Wed Dec 28 11:41:02 CET 2005

Paulo Marcel Coelho Aragao wrote:
> Yves-Alexis Perez wrote on Dec, 28:
>
>>>Actually I thought of using it to get rid of these messages that are
>>>output when I start xfce4-terminal:
>

>>>Unable to register terminal service: D-BUS error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Failed: Unable to determine the address of the message bus
>

>>You could install dbus-1-utils and restart your session :)
>

> Uhhm, I followed your lead and discovered that these Debian packages had been
> automatically installed to satisfy xfce4-terminal's dependencies:
>
> ii  dbus-1         0.23.4-8       simple interprocess messaging system
> ii  dbus-glib-1    0.23.4-8       simple interprocess messaging system (GLib-b
>
> Which explained why I started seeing this message at boot (which I didn't
> bother to look into):
>
> Tue Dec 27 17:53:59 2005: Starting system message bus: dbus-1.
>
> My new doubt then is: why doesn't xfce4-terminal also have dependency on
> dbus-1-utils, since dbus-1 and dbus-glib-1 are not enough to provide the DBUS
> service ?

The dbus-1 and dbus-glib-1 are required because xfce4-terminal is built
with dbus support. But you don't have to run dbus if you don't want to,
you can disable it at runtime. If you want it, you can install dbus-1-utils.

--
Yves-Alexis Perez

corsac at hidalgo: grep -R fuck /usr/src/linux-2.6.14 | wc -l
57
corsac at hidalgo: grep -R luck /usr/src/linux-2.6.14 | wc -l
174