xfce4-terminal: set --disable-server in terminalrc

Paulo Marcel Coelho Aragao marcelpaulo+l at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 12:27:57 CET 2005

Yves-Alexis Perez wrote on Dec, 28:

[...]

> >>You could install dbus-1-utils and restart your session :)

[...]

> > My new doubt then is: why doesn't xfce4-terminal also have dependency on
> > dbus-1-utils, since dbus-1 and dbus-glib-1 are not enough to provide the DBUS
> > service ?

> The dbus-1 and dbus-glib-1 are required because xfce4-terminal is built
> with dbus support. But you don't have to run dbus if you don't want to,
> you can disable it at runtime. If you want it, you can install dbus-1-utils.

I'm still missing something: if I don't want to have dbus running, I'd have to
remove package dbus-1, but dbus-glib-1 depends on it and xfce4-terminal
depends on dbus-glib-1, so Catch-22. In other words, xfce4-terminal forces me
to have dbus running. Of course, I could simply remove the S* links in
/etc/rc*.d, but this is not the Debian way of doing it. If I got things
correctly, I still think the dependencies are incorrect.

Thanks for your patience with my insistence
Paulo