Build from SVN

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 06:07:42 CET 2005

On 12/27/05, Bob Snyder <bob.snyder at cox.net> wrote:
> I was going to write with more problems building from SVN, but I solved
> them myself. It all seems to be working now, although I haven't built
> any of the unofficial panel plugin ports yet.
>
> Here's the other things that had me stuck, fwiw, in case anyone is
> interested.
>
> 1) Building xffm is a little different from the others as detailed in
> the Installation Guide. Instead of running autogen.sh, you need to run
> run "perl autogen_install". This is explained in the README file, which
> at first I failed to read :-)
>
> 2) When building xfwm4, I got link errors regarding startup
> notification. This was caused by having an old version of the
> startup-notification library. I had 0.6, but features were added in 0.7
> that were needed. This was not caught in the configure script - I wonder
> if it can be added?

Looks like this
XDT_CHECK_OPTIONAL_PACKAGE([LIBSTARTUP_NOTIFICATION],
                           [libstartup-notification-1.0], [0.5],
                           [startup-notification],
                           [startup notification library], [yes])

Needs to be changed to
XDT_CHECK_OPTIONAL_PACKAGE([LIBSTARTUP_NOTIFICATION],
                           [libstartup-notification-1.0], [0.7],
                           [startup-notification],
                           [startup notification library], [yes])

> Many thanks to the dev team for the work they have been doing with the
> upcoming 4.4.
>
> Bob S.

Erik

"If Beethoven had been killed in a plane crash at the age of 22, it
would have changed the history of music... and of aviation."