Build from SVN

Bob Snyder bob.snyder at cox.net
Wed Dec 28 04:16:38 CET 2005

I was going to write with more problems building from SVN, but I solved
them myself. It all seems to be working now, although I haven't built
any of the unofficial panel plugin ports yet.

Here's the other things that had me stuck, fwiw, in case anyone is
interested.

1) Building xffm is a little different from the others as detailed in
the Installation Guide. Instead of running autogen.sh, you need to run
run "perl autogen_install". This is explained in the README file, which
at first I failed to read :-)

2) When building xfwm4, I got link errors regarding startup
notification. This was caused by having an old version of the
startup-notification library. I had 0.6, but features were added in 0.7
that were needed. This was not caught in the configure script - I wonder
if it can be added?

Many thanks to the dev team for the work they have been doing with the
upcoming 4.4.

Bob S.