question - login panel session selection

Andrew Conkling andrew.conkling at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 16:14:56 CET 2005

On 12/6/05, Dany Cuyt <dacuy at psb.ugent.be> wrote:
> By default, users will use Xfce. This has been accomplished with
> .Xclients-default and .Xclients in the $HOME directory of the user.
> To make sure that users will use Xfce as desktop environment I would
> like to disable Gnome and Kde in the login panel session selection. But
> I don't want to remove kde or gnome from the system. Does anyone know
> how this can be done?

Hi Dany,
Forgive me, as I'm on Windows at the moment.  But the files you're
looking for are /etc/X11/sessions/*.session.  You can remove them to
remove access from the display managers, but keep in mind that
updating the respective RPMs will most likely readd those files.

HTH,
Andrew

--
http://aconkling.blogspot.com