question - login panel session selection

Dany Cuyt dacuy at psb.ugent.be
Tue Dec 6 15:32:41 CET 2005

kde is disabled after renaming those files but gnome and failsave is
still there.

Dany

Biju Chacko wrote:

>Dany Cuyt wrote:
>

>>We have a RedHat Linux 4 server with Gnome and KDE installed. Recently
>>we decided to use Xfce as the default Desktop environment for our users.
>>I installed xfce 4.2.2. So far we are happy with Xfce and we managed to
>>customize the environment to our user's needs. There is one thing I really
>>like to change but I'm unable to find how.
>>In the session selection the login panel offers:
>>
>>    *  GNOME
>>    *  Xfce session
>>    *  Default system session
>>    *  Kde
>>    *  Failsafe terminal
>>
>>By default, users will use Xfce. This has been accomplished with
>>.Xclients-default and .Xclients in the $HOME directory of the user.
>>To make sure that users will use Xfce as desktop environment I would
>>like to disable Gnome and Kde in the login panel session selection. But
>>I don't want to remove kde or gnome from the system. Does anyone know
>>how this can be done?
>>

>you could delete gnome.desktop and kde.desktop from /usr/share/xsessions
>
>hth,
>
>-- b

Dany Cuyt
DEPARTMENT OF PLANT SYSTEMS BIOLOGY            Fax:32 (0)9 3313809
GHENT UNIVERSITY/VIB,    Technology Park 927, B-9052 Gent, Belgium
Vlaams Interuniversitair Instituut voor Biotechnologie         VIB
mailto:dacuy at psb.ugent.be                  http://www.psb.ugent.be