question - login panel session selection

Dany Cuyt dacuy at psb.ugent.be
Tue Dec 6 16:23:25 CET 2005

/etc/X11/sessions doesn't exist. I assume that /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions is
the same, but there are no *.session files. I rename GNOME but still the
same

Dany

Andrew Conkling wrote:

>On 12/6/05, Dany Cuyt <dacuy at psb.ugent.be> wrote:
>

>>By default, users will use Xfce. This has been accomplished with
>>.Xclients-default and .Xclients in the $HOME directory of the user.
>>To make sure that users will use Xfce as desktop environment I would
>>like to disable Gnome and Kde in the login panel session selection. But
>>I don't want to remove kde or gnome from the system. Does anyone know
>>how this can be done?
>>

>Hi Dany,
>Forgive me, as I'm on Windows at the moment.  But the files you're
>looking for are /etc/X11/sessions/*.session.  You can remove them to
>remove access from the display managers, but keep in mind that
>updating the respective RPMs will most likely readd those files.
>
>HTH,
>Andrew
>
>--
>http://aconkling.blogspot.com

Dany Cuyt
DEPARTMENT OF PLANT SYSTEMS BIOLOGY            Fax:32 (0)9 3313809
GHENT UNIVERSITY/VIB,    Technology Park 927, B-9052 Gent, Belgium
Vlaams Interuniversitair Instituut voor Biotechnologie         VIB
mailto:dacuy at psb.ugent.be                  http://www.psb.ugent.be