keyboard skipping keys

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Mon Dec 5 18:32:19 CET 2005

Erik Harrison wrote:
> You could try eliminating the window manager inside of xfce and seeing
> if the problem goes away. If it doesn't, then it is likely to be
> ubuntu specific, since the WM manages Xfce's shortcuts.

Doesn't sound like a problem with shortcuts, not to mention the window
manager.

Looks like a bug in the keyboard driver, that gets triggered by setting
the keyboard preferences from the MCS keyboard plugin. I've seen that
before.

 From what I saw (I'm using Ubuntu myself on my laptopn), it ships with
a pretty pristine Xorg (and quite old, since the latest stable release
is a few months old).

Regards,
Olivier.