keyboard skipping keys

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 22:11:16 CET 2005

On 12/4/05, Thomas Imbreckx <thomas.imbreckx at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, I have a very annoying problem in xfce 4.2.2 (xubuntu breezy).
> Some keys I press are skipped ... for example if I type "hello, world" it
> could came out as "hllo wod". Note that this doesn't apply only to printable
> characters as I could press F11 for compiling my anjuta project and I'd have
> to re-press it.
> I have to type very slow not to have this problem (speed of a one finger
> typer) or constantly have to come back and insert the missing chars.
> The probleme doesn't occur in other environments (I have tried in Gnome and
> blackbox).
> Does anybody have an idea about how to fix this?

Somewhere in the depths of my mind I seem to recall that a similar
problem was mentioned, many moons ago, but searching the lists I can't
seem to find any mention.

You could try eliminating the window manager inside of xfce and seeing
if the problem goes away. If it doesn't, then it is likely to be
ubuntu specific, since the WM manages Xfce's shortcuts.

> Thanks
>
> Thomas

Erik

"If Beethoven had been killed in a plane crash at the age of 22, it
would have changed the history of music... and of aviation."