keyboard skipping keys

Thomas Imbreckx thomas.imbreckx at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 19:39:34 CET 2005

Thank you, but I had already just installed the latest xfce release and so
far it looks like the problem went away!
I'm glad I'll now be able to fully enjoy it!!
Looks like there is no missing char in this email !!!
Thank you to all who answered

By the way the graphical installer rocks

Thomas

On 12/5/05, Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org> wrote:

> Erik Harrison wrote:
> > You could try eliminating the window manager inside of xfce and seeing
> > if the problem goes away. If it doesn't, then it is likely to be
> > ubuntu specific, since the WM manages Xfce's shortcuts.
>
> Doesn't sound like a problem with shortcuts, not to mention the window
> manager.
>
> Looks like a bug in the keyboard driver, that gets triggered by setting
> the keyboard preferences from the MCS keyboard plugin. I've seen that
> before.
>
> From what I saw (I'm using Ubuntu myself on my laptopn), it ships with
> a pretty pristine Xorg (and quite old, since the latest stable release
> is a few months old).
>
> Regards,
> Olivier.

: ::  visit my weblog at :: :