Unable to launch applications using panel.

Gerald Barre g.barre at free.fr
Fri Aug 26 17:38:15 CEST 2005

Le Thu, 25 Aug 2005 09:40:11 -0400
Colin Alie <calie at uwaterloo.ca> s'exprimait:

> On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 20:30:34 +0200
> Gerald Barre <g.barre at free.fr> wrote:

> > Just put those lines in your /etc/apt/sources.list :
> >
> > deb http://www.os-works.com/debian testing main
> > deb-src http://www.os-works.com/debian testing main
>
> I'm apprehensive about using non-official repositories for packages which
> exist within the main debian release.  I have a feeling that every additional
> line somewhat decreases my overall system stability, something that I prize
> highly (which explains why I use Debian `stable').

I understand, but the releasing cycle of stable is to slow to me and the problem
is there are some softs I like which are not in Debian's official repositories.
So I use three unofficial repos for Xfce, Avidemux, Transcode and Xorg.

>  I guess what I'll do is
> install version 4.2 on a spare machine and monitor it for the symptoms that
> I'm now experiencing.  If the problem persists in the latest release then I
> guess I'll try to inform the right people.

The difference between Sarge and testing (Etch) is not so big for the moment,
it's the right time to give a try.

> Until next time, Colin.

Good luck with the weather plugin.(never had problems with it)

--
Desespoir : Etat de ceux qui ont encore foi en l'humanite !