integrated internet browser

Bruce Miller mistercool at adelphia.net
Thu Aug 25 15:35:08 CEST 2005

Biju Chacko wrote:
> Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
>
>>Amichai Teumim schreef:
>>
>>>Hi
>>>
>>>Any plans to integrate an internet browser into future filemanager?
>>>
>>>Take care
>>>
>>>-amichai
>>
>>No.
>

> You're violating my rights! I demand an integrated web browser! Also an
> integrated ftp/sftp/bittorrent/p2p client! An egg timer! The Kitchen sink!

Well, that sort of thing is trivial in sawfish.  The main problem is
the archaic X protocol, which tends to cause the drain to plug very easily.

> Secondly, I want an option to make selected windows appear and disappear
> at 200ms intervals. The WM must provide this -- obviously it's not much
> work since it's just one more menu item.

An extremely useful feature of an early version of enlightenment!
Alas, it had to be removed because it tended to cause seizures.

> If you cannot provide what I want immediately I will be forced to give
> up xfce and use a *good* desktop like twm.

No! I want it to be small & fast too!!!  Heck, you young whippersnappers!
In my day, we used to integrate BBS browsers into our spreadsheets
all the time, and it only added 512bytes (course we still had to swap
that block in from paper tape...)

> ;-)
>
> -- b
>
> PS: In case you hadn't realised yet: just kidding.

Oh... never mind.