The weather apps/plugins

Chris Green chris at areti.co.uk
Thu Aug 25 09:53:16 CEST 2005

On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 12:29:54AM +0200, Auke Kok wrote:
> incorrect, any normal mail client explicitly sends a reply to every
> reply-to address listed. This includes thundebird/mozilla, but also
> lotus notes, outlook etc.

So your MUAs send *multiple* messages when you hit 'R'eply, that seems
broken to me.

> I'm the foo-projects mailing list manager and our mailinglists have a
> completely standard configuration with the exception of ONE
> configuration item. This item is called 'reply-to-list' and sets the
> reply-to of ALL messages to the list address, to assure that everyone
> sees the discussion and we don't have half threads on the list.

Maybe that's what the other lists I belong to don't do!

As I said I'll live with it.  In addition I'll see if mutt can remove
the Reply-To: from some messages.

--
Chris Green (chris at areti.co.uk)

    "Never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by incompetence."