Removing decorations from a window

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Mon Aug 22 23:42:59 CEST 2005

Chris Green wrote:
> ... and it works perfectly, thanks very much indeed Benedikt. I now
> have a clock with no decorations!  :-)
>
> I still can't find the above structure documented anywhere in the Xlib
> header files, I've looked hard.  The only hints structure I can find
> in the X header files I have is XWMHints which doesn't have the
> decorations bit. Where is what you put into that hints structure
> documented?

As said several times in this thread: It has nothing to do with Xlib.
It's a structure defined by Motif. You can find it in the Motif/Lesstif
sources, in the gdk-x11 sources, in the Qt sources, and in the source of
virtually every window manager known today.

But since I posted the layout of the structure, you don't need to look
for it anymore. ;-)

Benedikt