Problems with xffm/xfsamba and right-click menu in Xfce 4.2.0 (on Slackware 10.1)

Nick Chorley nick at xyphias.com
Wed Aug 17 15:50:06 CEST 2005

Edscott Wilson Garcia wrote:

>El mié, 17-08-2005 a las 09:49 +0100, Nick Chorley escribió:
>

>>>"On the first request, xfsamba resolves the masterbrowser, on the second
>>>it resolves the workgroups. It takes one more double click on the
>>>workgroup to see both machines."
>>>
>>>Does that work or not work for you?
>>>
>>>Best,
>>>Myles
>>>

>>Nope, it doesn't. Even if I right click the workgroup and press
>>"Reload", nothing happens :/.
>>

>On Xfsamba < 4.3.3.1, if you have certain things running on your master
>browser, (like solid database), xfsamba will query the incorrect netbios
>name. Please enable verbose output and post us the samba command and
>results which are shown in the diagnostics window. This will pinpoint
>the cause as to why no machines are shown.

With verbose output, it shows (not sure what characters those squares
are meant to be, though):

Looking for master browsers...
XFSAMBA> nmblookup -M -- -
querying __MSBROWSE__ on 10.255.255.255
10.0.0.1 __MSBROWSE__<01>
XFSAMBA> nmblookup -A 10.0.0.1
Looking up status of 10.0.0.1
    650MHZ          <00> -         B <ACTIVE>
    HOME            <00> - <GROUP> B <ACTIVE>
    650MHZ          <20> -         B <ACTIVE>
    HOME            <1e> - <GROUP> B <ACTIVE>
    HOME            <1d> -         B <ACTIVE>
    ..__MSBROWSE__. <01> - <GROUP> B <ACTIVE>

    MAC Address = 00-01-02-9C-45-CE

XFSAMBA> smbclient -N -L //650MHZ
Domain=[650MHZ] OS=[Windows 5.1] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]
Domain=[650MHZ] OS=[Windows 5.1] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]

    Sharename       Type      Comment
    ---------       ----      -------
    APACHE GROUP    Disk
    HP              Printer   The 959C
    IPC$            IPC       Remote IPC
    print$          Disk      Printer Drivers
    the hp          Printer   HP
    DOWNLOADS       Disk
    tmp             Disk
    F               Disk