ANNOUNCE: xffm-4.3.3 released

Mr Machine machinehasnoagenda at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 00:32:17 CEST 2005

Edscott Wilson Garcia wrote:
> El mar, 16-08-2005 a las 06:47 +1000, Mr Machine escribió:
>
>>Edscott Wilson Garcia wrote:

>>>Ah, that would be a bug. Seems that the scroll bar got lost somewhere
>>>along the development line. I've got a tall (as opposed to wide) monitor
>>>so I never noticed. If you resize the window you should be able to work
>>>around the problem until it's fixed.
>>>

>>resizing the window doesn't help ... while the actual window grows, the
>>environment variable box stays the same size and doesn't show any new
>>options. i had to do the same thing as Myles (i thought that would make
>>them show up in the file manager settings, but it don't ... it still
>>works, though).
>

> I gotto look into this one. On my display I always see all environment
> variables. Hmm.. Not a bug, a screwup. I did not sync the mcs plugin at
> svn HEAD with 4.3.3 branch. It's now fixed at svn (and at .tar.gz
> download file).

yep - all good now ... still no luck on adding icons to the desktop (see
below)

>>i've got pretty much exactly the same setup here (been keeping up with
>>svn for a few months now) ... gotta say, that XFCE is looking so damn
>>good i'm almost ready to shed tears of joy ... every time i think "gee,
>>if only XFCE did this ... ", the next day in subversion - it does!
>>
>>ANOTHER BUG? i can't get any icons other than the default
>>"localhost.localdomain" "run" and "home". i've brought up the
>>"applications" window and tried dragging them from there ... when the
>>icon gets over the desktop, it makes what looks like a symlink symbol
>>over the cursor, so i drop it and it *sort of* looks like something is
>>going to appear on the desktop, but it never does.
>

> I see. Do this:
>
> $mkdir $HOME/Desktop
>
> After that I believe drag and drop should start working.

i already had the $HOME/Desktop directory, but i deleted it and created
it again just in case ... still no joy, though. i have single-click mode
in XFFM-iconview activated, so when i open the applications folder, i
middle-click-drag the icon to the desktop (just wondering if that's the
correct way).

>>btw - i've always wanted single-clicking in xffm ... but jesus, now that
>>i've got it i've forgotten how to use it! i can't stop double-clicking.
>>it's like a bad stutter.
>

> Single click is not yet in deskview, but maybe soon.

actually, i think i prefer double-clicking on desktop icons, but for
file-browsing i definitely prefer single-click :)

shayne