ANNOUNCE: xffm-4.3.3 released

Myles Green rmg57 at telus.net
Mon Aug 15 15:41:05 CEST 2005

On Mon, 2005-15-08 at 08:20 -0500, Edscott Wilson Garcia wrote:
> Or else just set execute xfce-setting-show and set the environment
> variable using the "filemanager" plugin. You just have to do this
> once, as the settings are remembered.

Hi Edscott,

How does one add new environment variables using the above method? I've
tried just about everything (right-click, double-click, middle-click and
hitting the enter key whilst an entry is highlighted) and can't figure
out how to do it.

I finally went to ~/.config/xfce4/mcs_settings/xffm.xml and edited it by
hand to enable the desktop menu (with icons) and set the background
image. It works but it did take me a while to figure it out (in my
defence, it was *very* early in the morning <grin>).

BTW, I _really_ like the "new and improved" Xffm a lot, thank you.

Best,
Myles

--
Robert M. Green :: Calgary AB Canada