ANNOUNCE: xffm-4.3.3 released

Edscott Wilson Garcia edscott at xfce.org
Mon Aug 15 15:20:19 CEST 2005

El lun, 15-08-2005 a las 20:09 +1000, roger escribió:
> Hi Edscott,
>
> I've just downloaded xffm. It implements a-la MS icons, so now I definitely
> can't see how anyone could still use KDE or Gnome instead of Xfce :-)
> Personally I was hoping for Unix-like icons (minimized applications).  I guess
> that's another story...

You can still have those too. Just use fvwm as your window manager.
Xffm-deskview is entirely compatible and allows you to have both.

> Just a suggestion. I think it would be nice if xffm could be launched directly
> from the Xfce panel without having to previously set the environment variable
> DISABLE_DESKTOP in the .profile/login when you don't want your desktop to be
> redrawn. This could be done just by providing a commandline option such as
> Nautilus' --no-desktop. Maybe I'm missing something... in that case please
> excuse me.

It can be launched without the desktop. Just do

$DISABLE_DESKTOP=x xffm

Or else just set execute xfce-setting-show and set the environment
variable using the "filemanager" plugin. You just have to do this once,
as the settings are remembered.

--
Edscott Wilson Garcia <edscott at xfce.org>