copy and paste copy

Andrew Conkling andrew.conkling at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 12:56:12 CEST 2005

On 8/10/05, Stephen Liu <satimis at yahoo.com> wrote:
> The console window on Xfce desktop seems without copy
> and paste function.  [Ctrl]+c and [Ctrl]+v have no
> effect.  Is there any way to create the buffer for
> this effect?

By 'console window', I'm not sure which application you mean.  If
you're just running {x|a|E}term, your best bet would be to use Unix
copying and pasting: highlight that which you want copied and
middle-click to paste it.  Ctrl+C, for example, simply wouldn't work
because it is the keystroke to terminate an application, say if it
froze.

On the other hand, most modern implementations of *terminal emulators*
have a more 'conventional' copy and paste.  For example, Terminal
(written by Xfce's own Benedikt, tell me if you need info) has
Ctrl+Shift+C and V for copying/pasting.

HTH,
Andrew

--