Moving windows with the pager

Gavin Chester gavin.chester at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 05:39:08 CEST 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-05 at 16:09 -0400, Snake Roberts wrote:
> Hello:
>   I was wondering if anyone out there knew of a way to move windows
> with the pager.  It allows me to change their focus forward and move
> them to other desktops, but I would like to be able to move their
> actual locations(even if on the same desktop)  Has anyone written a
> pager to do this?  I will look into the code, but thought I would ask
> before doing so.  Thank you!!

Not sure that this is a suitable answer, but the standard graphical
pager on the panel does all that you want except move windows within a
desktop.  When you try that the window just snaps back to its original
position after you release the mouse.  Otherwise, changing the focus and
dragging to another desktop can all be done with the pager.  You would
have to work on the code for the repositioning within a desktop, I
guess :-)

Gavin