4.2 now in debian testing - questions

Patrick Wiseman pwiseman at mindspring.com
Thu Aug 4 20:08:20 CEST 2005

Hello, and thanks to the debian developers for getting 4.2 into testing.
I'm now running it and like it a lot.

A couple of questions:

1.  No weather plugin?

2.  (I just answered this myself!)  The volume control shows volume at 0%;
it's not.  (I right-clicked on it in the panel, and found it does not
default to any device, even though, in the settings manager, I had set it
to /dev/mixer - did that in the Properties, and now it has it right.)

3.  Both taskbar and panel (which I autohide) seem to be awfully picky
about where the mouse pointer is before they show up - is there somewhere
I can adjust the sensitivity?

Thanks again, all!  I've been using xfce for a long time and recommend to
anyone who'll listen.

Patrick