xkb keymap & xfwm4 problem

Yves-Alexis Perez corsac at corsac.net
Thu Aug 4 17:43:47 CEST 2005

Olivier FOURDAN wrote:
>>If I set another keymap in xorg.conf, then load the fr after running
>>xfwm4, it works.
>

> Xfwm4 doesn't do remapping on the fly. If for some reason, the modifiers are changed, xfwm4 won't take it into account unless restarted. That might explain your problem.
>
> Cheers,
> Olivier.

Well, the keymaps are very differents (the one "working" is just a
keymap, the other one is keymap, keycodes, geometry etc..). So I think
the modifiers keys are changed. But the Alt key behaves correctly after
the set xkbmap, so i dont understand..

At the moment I have the "simple" keymap in my xorg.conf and I have a
setxkbmap in a script in ~/Desktop/Autostart. I dont want to use the
"simple" keymap because it does not manage the "Fn" key that i have on
my laptop.

--
Corsac
http://www.corsac.net