Question concerning Kiosk mode on Debian

Stephan Witoszynskyj stephan at buddynet.htu.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Aug 2 18:36:28 CEST 2005

Hi,

I just installed Xfce 4.2 on my Debian unstable distribution, because I of
the Kiosk Mode of Xfce 4.2. Unfortunately I didn't get it to work (for
example it's still possible to modify the panel for ordinary users). To
activate the Kiosk Mode I've added kiosk/kioskrc in my /etc/xdg/xfce4 (as
far as I understood from the documentation I think that this should be
sufficient).

My kioskrc has following entries:
[xfce4-session]
CustomizeSplash=root
CustomizeChooser=root
CustomizeLogout=root
CustomizeCompatibility=root
Shutdown=root
CustomizeSecurity=NONE

[xfce4-panel]
CustomizePanel=root

Also a ~/.config directory is created by Xfce on start up for any user
starting Xfce the first time - I am not sure if this is supposed to happen
in kiosk mode.

Does anyone on this list have any experience with the kiosk mode? I would
appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
   Stephan