XFCE4: Issues with Gentoo

Dave Hope Dave at DaveHope.co.uk
Wed Apr 6 14:39:51 CEST 2005

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 09:22:06 -0300
Romeu Fonseca <romeu.fonseca at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all, anyone here uses Gentoo?

Yep, I am.

> I´m having some problems to emerge
> xfce4 related ebuilds... Well, in fact, I used to modify
> packages.unmask to emerge some masked xfce ebuilds and now, when I try
> an "emerge world", the system wants to downgrade XFCE4 from 4.2 to
> 4.0.6... And more, it says that the xfce4.0.6 ebuild is blocking the
> other stuff... I dunno what I can do to fix it...

Sounds like you have a package installed from xfce-4.0.6, I suggest you kill every thing xfce related from you package.keywords & package.mask files, and then do the emerge with -p (pretend) and paste the output in a mail to the list so we can see what's going on.

> Just one more question, is XFCE4.2 working with all themes and
> functionalities??

Yep, all works fine.

> In mine, it´s missing some icons and some themes
> simply does not work...

Missing xfce4-icon-theme and xfwm4-themes perhaps ?

Dave.