Minimising system compiling time

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Wed Apr 6 12:04:09 CEST 2005

Peter Humphrey wrote:

>On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 12:56:37 -0700
>"Brian J. Tarricone" <bjt23 at cornell.edu> wrote:
>

>>Peter Humphrey wrote:
>>

>>On a side note, this has exactly what to do with Xfce?  I would think
>>#gentoo or forums.gentoo.org would be a more on-topic place for this.
>>

>I was asking about the behaviour of X under XFce. It has little to do
>with the flavour of Linux I'm running.

Neither has Xfce to do with how your terminal updates new events. Even
Benny's Terminal uses vte, so it is also offtopic, since vte updates X,
and not benny's code.

Now, in lunar compiles go faster if I minimize my Terminals or shade
them, but I rarely spend my time completely recompiling anyway in lunar
(hardly ever even). In lunar you can also set options to discard compile
output, which can reduce XOrg compile times by 60% etc...

Certainly more offtopic!

sofar