Key bindings (macros)

Luigidigi Luigidigi at cwpanama.net
Tue Sep 28 14:07:02 CEST 2004

I like key bindings for my apps, a la IceWM, you choose what keys to
use, you don't have to be a geek, and you don't need icons, giving you
more space on the panel/taskbar combo, it sure speeds my work. Here is
my list in icewm:

key "Ctrl+Shift+w"              oowriter
key "Ctrl+Shift+t"              xterm
key "Ctrl+Shift+f"              xfe
key "Ctrl+Shift+x"              xchat
key "Ctrl+Shift+g"              gedit
key "Ctrl+Shift+z"              xzgv
key "Ctrl+Shift+w"              oowriter
key "Ctrl+Alt+m"                mozilla
key "Ctrl+Alt+l"                mozilla -mail
key "Ctrl+Alt+o"                opera
key "Ctrl+Alt+k"                ksnapshot

i went to xfce's keybingings list and i couldn't create one single one,
when you are working and 'in the zone', you can't bother with mice,
especially on a laptop.

I've seen a screenshot of the future changes, and they look great,
especially the panel, good work devs!