How to change text color in terminal window -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at att.net
Sat Sep 25 19:27:11 CEST 2004

How can I eliminate color in "ls" listings?

In .bashrc  can add    alias ls='ls --color=never'

But this does not change the listing in the gui terminal window.

There must be a place to "alias" ls  for something like    ls -l --si
--color=never  ?

Changing the settings in /etc/DIR_COLOR has no effect on the terminal window
in xfce.

Or where can I change the colors? Directories display in blue and are
very hard
to read on a black background which I need to display yellow text in the
man pages.
Presently I have the bg set to gray as a compromise but I still have
trouble reading
the blue directory listings.

I am running xfce4 in Fedora Core 2 Linux.

Thanks you.

Bob Goodwin    Zuni, Virginia