How to change text color in terminal window

Andrew Conkling andrewski at fr.st
Sat Sep 25 20:53:52 CEST 2004

Some time ago (probably on Sat, 25 Sep 2004 13:27:11 -0400)
Bob Goodwin <bobgoodwin at att.net> had occasion to say the following:

> How can I eliminate color in "ls" listings?
>
> In .bashrc  can add    alias ls='ls --color=never'
>
> But this does not change the listing in the gui terminal window.

Bob,
This has nothing to do with Xfce directly; it'd be better to direct your
question to a Fedora list/forum.  The problem is probably in some global
alias settings (something like /etc/env*, at least in Gentoo.)