xfce4-panel won't unhide

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Wed Sep 22 08:40:11 CEST 2004

On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 06:14:59PM -0400, Patrick Wiseman wrote:
> Hello, all:
>
> My panel's stuck in 'hide' mode and won't unhide.  This is not the first
> time this has happened, but I can't see what I did, other than wake up the
> machine from a locked screen (xscreensaver).
>
> Is this a known bug?  It takes a restart of X to correct.  Why is there no
> longer an option from a desktop menu to restart everything without leaving
> X?  That used to be a standard feature of wm's.

I don't know of the bug. What version of Xfce are you using?

You can restart the panel by running 'pkill -USR1 xfce4-panel' in a terminal.
That way yo udon't have to restart X.

Restarting the wm doesn't sound like a useful option to me at all, unless
things are buggy, but then I'd rather fix the bugs.

	Jasper