new bug tracker

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Tue Sep 21 01:44:09 CEST 2004

hi all-

those of you following xfce4-dev can probably just skim this.

otherwise, we're now using bugzilla (http://bugzilla.org/) to track
xfce-related bugs.  if the old http://bugs.xfce.org/ address hasn't been
redirected yet, use http://bugzilla.xfce.org/ in the meantime.

if you had an account on the old bug tracker, you still do, but you'll need
to reset your password.  click on the "log in" link, and enter your email
address in the box on the bottom of the page (not the login box, but the one
that specifically talks about forgetting your email address).  note that your
username is now your email address, and not the 'nickname' from the old bug
tracker.

if you're unfamiliar with how bugzilla works, i've included a link to "brian's
bugzilla cheatsheet" at the top of the main page.

for bug reporting, you have a choice of a guided format (a step-by-step
procedure for gathering the info you need to make a good report) or an
advanced format (bunch of boxes to set and fill in).  these are both linked
from the main page as well.

i've also created a page of common queries that you can use if the advanced
search page seems too intimidating (also linked from the main page).

unlike the old bug tracker, we encourage you to submit feature requests via
bugzilla (just be sure to mark the severity as 'enhancement').  you might
want to join the xfce4-dev list as well to discuss your feature.

that's about it.  email me with any comments, concerns, suggestions, or
problems.  happy bug hunting!

	-brian