New Xorg features in Xfce: what will they be?

Thomas Henry Sutton thsutton at utas.edu.au
Mon Sep 20 06:11:39 CEST 2004

> sure are : to me they look an unsightly mess (grimace).
> ok, i understand no-one wb forced to use them & they're fun to program,
> but really i want a desktop which totally lacks distractions
> & has simple windows with easy-to-read type.
> does anyone really work with all those things jumbled on top of each
> other ?
I work on a Mac (lost of the time) with a transparent Terminal window
on top of various others (including Mail and Safari windows). It is
useful to be able to refer to documentation, keep an eye on mail, etc
without switching windows, etc. I'm probably the exception though in
this respect and I wouldn't want to try and get similar features
working on my Linux box (as it is only a 1GHz processor and I don't
trust the Via binary drivers enough to run them).

Cheers,
Thomas Sutton