New Xorg features in Xfce: what will they be?

Kristian Peters kristian.peters at korseby.net
Mon Sep 20 09:42:54 CEST 2004

purslow at sympatico.ca schrieb:
> does anyone really work with all those things jumbled on top of each other ?
> do they really want transparent text & shadows interfering with reading ?
> isn't that why we have multiple desktops, ie to keep apps separate ?

If you have ever worked with OSX you won't miss those features. The problem is not the bloat (you can ./configure it out before compiling I assume). The real problem is the speed. Will it be fast enough on my slow to hell 600 MHz box ?

But it would be really really nice if the xfce-panel could be transparent in the future.

*Kristian

--

  :... [snd.science] ...: