Missing icons on the settings dialog's buttons.

Francois Le Clainche fleclainche at wanadoo.fr
Fri Oct 29 13:16:50 CEST 2004

Le ven 29/10/2004 à 10:15, - Kocil a écrit :
> Hi.
> >>>
> >>Hi, I've heard these reports before and I'm not sure they were solved.
> >>Could
> >>you please tell me which ones are missing?
>
> Only 6 buttons have Icons: Sound, Splash Screen, Workspace, Panel, File
> manager and Window manager. The others are blank.

So, it means that the icons appear when they are included in a MCS
plugin which do not provide, or provide but install in the wrong place
(xfwm4), a SVG version of the icon. When a mcs plugin provides an icon
in both PNG and SVG format, but librsvg is not installed, the mcs shows
the SVG one, not the PNG one. Since there is no librsvg, it does not
show up. Weird.

xfce4-icon-theme should not be required. I'm not even sure that it
provides all the icons needed by the MCS dialog, since they are supposed
to be included already in the plugins.

Cheers
François