good samba client

jan goplay at quick.cz
Mon Oct 25 12:18:35 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm using xfce and i'm wondering what samba client should I get. Any
suggestion ?

Second:
I'm wondering how to get list of samba shares on a specific computer via
command line. What I'm usually doing is first check on shares from
windows machine and then mount specific share via command like:

mount -t smbfs //computer_name/share_name /mnt/smb/ -o username=guest

i.e.

mount -t smbfs //laura/movies /mnt/smb/ -o username=guest

The point is that if there is a simple way how to get list of shares I
need no giu samba client at all.

Thanks.
Jan