good samba client

Alexandre Aractingi aaractingi at libertysurf.fr
Mon Oct 25 12:25:42 CEST 2004

Le lundi 25 octobre 2004 à 12:18 +0200, jan a écrit :
> I'm using xfce and i'm wondering what samba client should I get. Any
> suggestion ?

XFce's file manager, xffm, comes with a integrated SMB client.
Otherwise you can use Gnome's Nautilus which provides a Windows-like
view of SMB shares.

> I'm wondering how to get list of samba shares on a specific computer via
> command line. What I'm usually doing is first check on shares from
> windows machine and then mount specific share via command like:

You can use nmblookup and smbclient to get the available shares on the
LAN. Check the man page, or just have a look at the debug info within
xffm (it shows the commands it used for SMB in the bottom window).

Good luck!

--
Alexandre Aractingi <aaractingi at libertysurf.fr>