Residual 4.0.5 problems with Beta

Scott Horowitz scott at theskyiscrape.com
Sun Oct 10 19:17:46 CEST 2004

  Oops, sorry about the html email.. here's the message:

I've been trying to install a few goodies (i.e. xfce4-taskbar and
xfmusic4) for the new beta version. But everytime I run a config, they
spit out something like this:

    checking for libxfce4util-1.0 >= 4.1.3... Requested
    'libxfce4util-1.0 >= 4.1.3' but version of libxfce4util is 4.0.5

    configure: error: Library requirements (libxfce4util-1.0 >= 4.1.3)
    not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
    if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find
    them.

So what do I have to do to update the system to realize I'm using 4.1.9?
I'm a linux newbie so go easy on me. Thanks!

Scott