Icon Themes

Andrew Conkling andrewski at fr.st
Sun Nov 21 22:20:53 CET 2004

Some time ago (probably on Sun, 21 Nov 2004 13:14:40 -0800)
Bob Snyder <bob.snyder at cox.net> had occasion to say the following:

> Thanks Andrew. I read the thread on bugzilla and it looks to me like
> my problem is different, or at least additional to what you describe.
> All the icons appear normally in the main settings window, and in the
> individual settings windows. What I'm seeing is that only two choices
> appear under User Interface -> Icon Theme: ROX and Rodent. Is this the
> expected behavior?

I only meant that your problem was additional.  As for icon themes, I
see as many in the UI prefs as are in /usr/share/icons.  I'd check that
folder.

> Also, is this setting responsible for setting the Icon Theme in the
> panel? In 4.0 I had lots of Icon Themes for the panel. In 4.2 I am
> stuck with the rodent theme. If not, is there any way to change the
> Panel icons?

I'm pretty sure that the panel in 4.2 honours the GTK theme, so to
speak.  From my (quick and ignorant) testing, the menu and panel plugins
follow whatever theme I pick in UI prefs.  So, maybe, if you get the
icon themes to show up, you'll be set.

HTH,
Andrew