Icon Themes

Bob Snyder bob.snyder at cox.net
Sun Nov 21 22:14:40 CET 2004

Andrew Conkling wrote:

>Some time ago (probably on Sun, 21 Nov 2004 12:32:28 -0800)
>Bob Snyder <bob.snyder at cox.net> had occasion to say the following:
>

>>Although there has been quite a bit of discussion of themes, theme
>>engines, and icons for xffm, I haven't seen much about Icon Themes in
>>the User Interface settings. I have about 16 Themes available, but
>>only two Icon Themes: ROX and Rodent. No matter which one I select,
>>the icons associated with the Settings Manager, Panel, etc. stay the
>>same. I believe it is the Rodent icon set.
>>
>>I installed 4.2 RC1 using the graphical installers from
>>os-cillation.com. Should there be more icon themes to pick from? Did I
>>miss something?
>>

>You can check out bugzilla.xfce.org for a recent bug I filed on the
>Settings Manager icons; in short, they don't pick up the GTK icon
>theme's icons.  (Oddly, one of them actually does....)
>
>I don't know about the rest though... my theme (Lila) works fine
>(almost) everywhere.

Thanks Andrew. I read the thread on bugzilla and it looks to me like my
problem is different, or at least additional to what you describe. All
the icons appear normally in the main settings window, and in the
individual settings windows. What I'm seeing is that only two choices
appear under User Interface -> Icon Theme: ROX and Rodent. Is this the
expected behavior?

Also, is this setting responsible for setting the Icon Theme in the
panel? In 4.0 I had lots of Icon Themes for the panel. In 4.2 I am stuck
with the rodent theme. If not, is there any way to change the Panel icons?

Thanks,

Bob S.