Icon Themes

Andrew Conkling andrewski at fr.st
Sun Nov 21 21:34:54 CET 2004

Some time ago (probably on Sun, 21 Nov 2004 12:32:28 -0800)
Bob Snyder <bob.snyder at cox.net> had occasion to say the following:

> Although there has been quite a bit of discussion of themes, theme
> engines, and icons for xffm, I haven't seen much about Icon Themes in
> the User Interface settings. I have about 16 Themes available, but
> only two Icon Themes: ROX and Rodent. No matter which one I select,
> the icons associated with the Settings Manager, Panel, etc. stay the
> same. I believe it is the Rodent icon set.
>
> I installed 4.2 RC1 using the graphical installers from
> os-cillation.com. Should there be more icon themes to pick from? Did I
> miss something?

You can check out bugzilla.xfce.org for a recent bug I filed on the
Settings Manager icons; in short, they don't pick up the GTK icon
theme's icons.  (Oddly, one of them actually does....)

I don't know about the rest though... my theme (Lila) works fine
(almost) everywhere.