Terminal title in taskbar?

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Sun Nov 21 16:58:01 CET 2004

Chris Green wrote:

>On Sun, Nov 21, 2004 at 08:29:11AM -0700, Paul Bucalo wrote:
>

>>On Sun Nov 21  7:44 , Auke Kok <sofar at lunar-linux.org> sent:
>>

>>>The answer is more simple. If you set the 'reply-to' address then the
>>>mailinglist is setup to honour that and adds the xfce listaddress TO
>>>that list. I noticed an enormous amount of people pass a reply-to
>>>address to their e-mails and subsequently all will get double e-mails
>>>

>>>from people replying. (and this list includes Xan, Paul Bucalo, Chris
>>

>>>Green and a tonload of others).
>>>
>>>The Reply-to address should never be used unless you *want* to be CC'd.
>>>Please set your mail client so that it does not use the Reply-To
>>>Address. Using the Reply-To address is never needed for most e-mails anyway.
>>>

>My Reply-To: is set to a *different* address from the address I use as
>my From: address for posting to the list for a very good reason:-
>
>If I receive mail at my From: address that isn't from a known mailing
>list it will end up in my junk folder and may never get looked at.  If
>you want to send mail to me personally then send it to my Reply-To:
>address, otherwise I may well not see it.
>
>If I removed the Reply-To: from mail I send to a list then no one on
>the list would be able to send me a personal mail (at least not one I
>would be sure to see).
>
>The intent of Reply-To: is surely just that, to indicate that the
>sender wants replies sent to an address that is different to the From:
>address.

Interesting way of trapping spam, but it's not the normal way of sending
e-mail. if you want to reach others you should not hide behind fake
e-mail addresses or any undocumented and not-well-known trick to catch spam.

Please just send the e-mails as *you*. We'd like to know who is posting
to the mailinglist. It also gets rid of the double e-mails sent to you too.

sofar