Terminal title in taskbar?

Chris Green chris at areti.co.uk
Sun Nov 21 16:45:49 CET 2004

On Sun, Nov 21, 2004 at 08:29:11AM -0700, Paul Bucalo wrote:
> On Sun Nov 21  7:44 , Auke Kok <sofar at lunar-linux.org> sent:
>
> >The answer is more simple. If you set the 'reply-to' address then the
> >mailinglist is setup to honour that and adds the xfce listaddress TO
> >that list. I noticed an enormous amount of people pass a reply-to
> >address to their e-mails and subsequently all will get double e-mails
> >from people replying. (and this list includes Xan, Paul Bucalo, Chris
> >Green and a tonload of others).
> >
> >The Reply-to address should never be used unless you *want* to be CC'd.
> >Please set your mail client so that it does not use the Reply-To
> >Address. Using the Reply-To address is never needed for most e-mails anyway.

My Reply-To: is set to a *different* address from the address I use as
my From: address for posting to the list for a very good reason:-

If I receive mail at my From: address that isn't from a known mailing
list it will end up in my junk folder and may never get looked at.  If
you want to send mail to me personally then send it to my Reply-To:
address, otherwise I may well not see it.

If I removed the Reply-To: from mail I send to a list then no one on
the list would be able to send me a personal mail (at least not one I
would be sure to see).

The intent of Reply-To: is surely just that, to indicate that the
sender wants replies sent to an address that is different to the From:
address.

--
Chris Green (chris at areti.co.uk)

    "Never ascribe to malice, that which can be explained by incompetence."