Terminal title in taskbar?

Paul Bucalo pmbuc at spymac.com
Sun Nov 21 16:29:11 CET 2004

On Sun Nov 21  7:44 , Auke Kok <sofar at lunar-linux.org> sent:

>The answer is more simple. If you set the 'reply-to' address then the
>mailinglist is setup to honour that and adds the xfce listaddress TO
>that list. I noticed an enormous amount of people pass a reply-to
>address to their e-mails and subsequently all will get double e-mails
>from people replying. (and this list includes Xan, Paul Bucalo, Chris
>Green and a tonload of others).
>
>The Reply-to address should never be used unless you *want* to be CC'd.
>Please set your mail client so that it does not use the Reply-To
>Address. Using the Reply-To address is never needed for most e-mails anyway.
>
>Sofar
>xfce.org listadmin ;^)

Actually, Auke, it is *not* that simple. Some Web-based email clients *do not*
allow the user to change this feature. Spymail is one of them. I have no control
over what my "Reply-To" says. In essense, you are giving me the choice of leaving
this as it is and offending some or going out and finding a more 'socially
accepted' Web-based account that doesn't lock this feature out from my changing it.

Yes, I do get double-emails from those who reply to my posts. I can live with
that. It's not a lot of work at my end to delete the extras from those who reply
to me. What would be a *better* solution for *me* is to have your list server not
block my ISPs because of my LAN's lack of FQDN or because *it* feels that
blocking my ISPs's domains is the proper way to ward off Spammers. I have
accepted that the good of the many has to outweigh the good of the one. I am not
asking that you change your list server's policies, nor am I complaining about
double-replies. If I could change the "Reply-To" I would. Since I can't, are you
now asking me to abandon this account and go out and find another one?

Paul