Terminal title in taskbar?

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Sun Nov 21 15:44:45 CET 2004

Paul Bucalo wrote:

>On Sat Nov 20 10:00 , Chris Green <chris at areti.co.uk> sent:
>

>>On Sat, Nov 20, 2004 at 12:04:19PM +0100, Xan wrote:
>>

><snipped>
>

>>>Okay Brian. I deleted from CC. Sorry if anytime I did it and annoyed you. This
>>>was not my intention. I simply did (do) "Answer to all" in kmail. So, I
>>>apologize if anytime in the future I press this button in a thread that you
>>>are, and mail comes to you duplicated.
>>>

>>Yes, and I too think it's a pain in the ****.  Why on earth is it ever
>>sensible or reasonable to do 'Answer to all' when replying to an
>>E-Mail list message?
>>
>>--
>>Chris Green (chris at areti.co.uk)
>>

>Chris,
>
>I can't speak for Xan, not knowing what email client he is using. I can speak for
>myself and all those who are using an email client that is rather....stupid...for
>lack of better term, like mine. I began using Spymail.com for my email cleint to
>post messages on this list when this list server would no longer accept emails
>from my PC's email cleint due to a lack of FQDN. <THAT is a whole topic on its
>own and one I won't get into at this time.> The email client provided by
>Spymail.com is simplistic. If I use "Reply" to answer your post, I would end up
>sending it only to you. The list's address on our posts shows up under "To:", so
>to pick it up I have to use "Reply To All". Of course, doing so also incorporates
>the Sender's address. I have to make a conciencious effort to remove the sender's
>address or I will double-send. It's possible that Xan's email client is the same
>and he hasn't been attentative to the issue until now. Regardless, this is a
>problem that comes about from such simplistic email clients and it just needs
>attention by user to deal with it. This then, Chris, is why anyone would want to
>to use "Reply To All" to reply to a list.

The answer is more simple. If you set the 'reply-to' address then the
mailinglist is setup to honour that and adds the xfce listaddress TO
that list. I noticed an enormous amount of people pass a reply-to
address to their e-mails and subsequently all will get double e-mails
from people replying. (and this list includes Xan, Paul Bucalo, Chris
Green and a tonload of others).

The Reply-to address should never be used unless you *want* to be CC'd.
Please set your mail client so that it does not use the Reply-To
Address. Using the Reply-To address is never needed for most e-mails anyway.

Sofar
xfce.org listadmin ;^)