Terminal title in taskbar?

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Fri Nov 19 19:32:05 CET 2004

On 11/19/04 13:51, Xan wrote:

> Dijous 18 Novembre 2004 13:12, en/na Brian J. Tarricone (<"Brian J. Tarricone"
> <bjt23 at cornell.edu>>) va escriure:
> > >
> > > Hmm, xfterm4 would have to set the 'icon name' I believe (technical
> > > term), by using some ansi escape sequences. Anyone know if we could do
> > > that?
> >
> > won't xterm's -name option do that?  granted we'd need to check with the
> > other terms we 'support', and figure out if they have something similar...
> >
> >  -b
>
> So, what's the conclusion?:
>   - the taskbar will show the window title of terminal in next releases, or
> not?
>   - Anyway, how can I do for taskbar shows the title of the terminal (editing
> manually something...) in 4.0.6?

there is no "conclusion".  when discussion on a topic peters out, it either
means the people involved lost interest in it, or someone (silently) decided
to put it on their todo list.  if you want to make sure something like this
gets remembered, file an enhancement request in bugzilla.  personally, i
don't really care about this feature all that much, so it's off my radar.
if someone else wants to do the requisite research and implement it,
that's their choice, and we'd be happy to include the contribution.

	-brian

p.s. please don't CC me on list emails.  it should be more than obvious
by now that i'm on the list.  in general there's no reason to ever CC
anyone on a list email, unless they explicitly request that you do so.
you're not going to get my attention better, as any mail with the list
address in TO or CC gets filtered to a separate folder, and then i have
to delete duplicates, which annoys me.