Terminal title in taskbar?

Xan DXpublica at telefonica.net
Sat Nov 20 12:04:19 CET 2004

> p.s. please don't CC me on list emails.  it should be more than obvious
> by now that i'm on the list.  in general there's no reason to ever CC
> anyone on a list email, unless they explicitly request that you do so.
> you're not going to get my attention better, as any mail with the list
> address in TO or CC gets filtered to a separate folder, and then i have
> to delete duplicates, which annoys me.

Okay Brian. I deleted from CC. Sorry if anytime I did it and annoyed you. This
was not my intention. I simply did (do) "Answer to all" in kmail. So, I
apologize if anytime in the future I press this button in a thread that you
are, and mail comes to you duplicated.

Divendres 19 Novembre 2004 19:32, en/na Brian J. Tarricone (<"Brian J.
Tarricone" <bjt23 at cornell.edu>>) va escriure:
>>Re: Terminal title in taskbar?
>
> On 11/19/04 13:51, Xan wrote:
> > Dijous 18 Novembre 2004 13:12, en/na Brian J. Tarricone (<"Brian J.
> > Tarricone"
> >
> > <bjt23 at cornell.edu>>) va escriure:

> > > won't xterm's -name option do that?  granted we'd need to check with
> > > the other terms we 'support', and figure out if they have something
> > > similar...
> > >
> > >  -b
> >
> > So, what's the conclusion?:
> >   - the taskbar will show the window title of terminal in next releases,
> > or not?
> >   - Anyway, how can I do for taskbar shows the title of the terminal
> > (editing manually something...) in 4.0.6?
>
> there is no "conclusion".  when discussion on a topic peters out, it either
> means the people involved lost interest in it, or someone (silently)
> decided to put it on their todo list.  if you want to make sure something
> like this gets remembered, file an enhancement request in bugzilla.
> personally, i don't really care about this feature all that much, so it's
> off my radar. if someone else wants to do the requisite research and
> implement it, that's their choice, and we'd be happy to include the
> contribution.

Well. I asked for the "conclusion" because the discussion on the topic takes
technical direction and no one answers, explicityly, to what I interested. I
only wanted to know if I can do that and how.

For this reason, I did not think in bugzilla it. Because I did not know if it
was a bug yet ;-)

If I bugzilla it, I will do with minor priority. It's a non-important "bug".
Only it could be important for users that have many terminals.

Regards,
Xan.