XFCE memory usage: a simpler test

Alpay Erturkmen kalpaye at ii.metu.edu.tr
Wed May 26 08:17:00 CEST 2004

as already been pointed out, this comparison is a mess. with 1GB of RAM
Linux is guaranteed that it will be using every bit of it...

but with guys like me, who has a p2 with 128Mb of RAM, you have to
choose every application you use very carefully.

Personally i even hate to hear about KDE or GNOME running on my machine
since it takes longer for them to start than Linux to boot.

This is why i prefer xfce over them. it is fast and furious. however i
do not like xffm in this sense, so i combine rox with xfce. I tried to
use nautilus but it is slooooowww...

i personally invite you to perform this tests on machines with at most
128mb of ram :) i would do them myself but i do not have full GNOME or
KDE installed on my machine due harddisk constraints.

Have a very nice day :)
--
Alpay K. Erturkmen
Research Assistant

Personal web page on http://www.ii.metu.edu.tr/~kalpaye
Journal on http://my.opera.com/kalpaye

Windows is not the answer, it is the question. The answer is "no!".
Running on Fedora Core 1 Linux and XFCE4.