windows switching

Wolf Lichtenberger wowowolf at web.de
Tue May 18 18:14:00 CEST 2004

Hi,

Quoting Thomas Henry Sutton <thsutton at utas.edu.au>:
 > > I agree.  The current alt-tabbing is not visually intuitive.  To fix
 > > it I suggest a few things.  First, what has been suggested before.
[...]
 > Additionally, implementing transparency would eat a lot of CPU time.
[...]
 > Overall: were I to be asked to express an opinion either way, I would
 > have to "vote" against this sort of "feature".

I think the xfdesktop list of windows would be useful for this:
it's already there (so less bloat and code) and it's keyboard navigable as
well.

The only code missing is IMHO for calling it up on Alt-Tab without that
middle-mouseclick (and maybe Alt-Tab, Alt-Shift-Tab in addition to Cursor key
navigation).

As a side benefit, Windows on all virtual workspaces become accessible by this.

Just my Eur0,02.

 > On another note: As this is my first post (after lurking for ~875
 > messages), I would like to say a very big thank-you to everyone who has
 > contributed to my desktop of choice. XFCE is my desktop of choice, and
 > will continue to be long into the future.

I feel the same - right now, XFCE has almost all the important features for me
without the bloat of the big guys KDE/Gnome, and OTOH lots of the polished
functioning and appearance that KDE/Gnome have.

--
regards,
-- Wolf Lichtenberger