CVS's xfdesktop & gtk-2.4.1

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Sat May 8 23:07:03 CEST 2004

ok, sorry i haven't gotten to this, but now that this is come up, i
wanted to set up a vmware container so i can do a fresh xfce install.
but of course i'm having vmware issues...

you should have a prefs panel in the settings manager called "Desktop".
if you don't, then you most likely installed xfdesktop to a prefix
different than that of xfce-mcs-manager (which you can't do). if that's
not the case, but you still have the old "Backdrop Settings" or
"Desktop: backdrop" prefs panel (or whatever it's called in 4.0.x), but
not the new one, likely you just haven't restarted xfce-mcs-manager
since compiling and so it's still using the old panel.

if there's no settings panel, there are no config files, as the settings
panel creates them on first load.

again, sorry for the delay on this; hopefully i'll have a solution for
you before the day is out.

    -brian